Spinach - The Most Healthiest Food On Planet
Spinach is considered as one of the most healthiest food on this planet due to its high and powerful content of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, special carotenoids, phytonutrients and flavonoids. It is mostly available in winters. It has minerals like potassium, manganese, zinc, magnesium, iron and calcium; and vitamins like folate, niacin, vitamin A, vitamin B6, vitamin C, thiamine, riboflavin; and carotenoids like lutein, xanthene, beta carotene and chlorophyllin.
Why should you consume spinach?
- Antioxidants like neoxanthin, violaxanthin fights against the free radicals and prevents DNA damage therefore, stops the growth or occurrence of cancer. Presence of both chloroplast and chlorophyll protects against cancer by removing the toxins from the body and thereby reducing the inflammation. It can treat and prevent bladder, prostate, liver and lung cancer.
- It can effectively treat and prevent one from arthritis, gout and asthma as it has potent anti-inflammatory substances.
- Vitamin A and vitamin C boosts our immune system and also prevents from various infectious autoimmune diseases.
- It has some protective steroids called phytoecdysteroids which increases the metabolism of the sugar and thus keeps the blood sugar level normal. It is beneficial for diabetic, pre-diabetic or metabolic syndrome patients. It protects these people from other health related complications as well.
- Vitamin A protects cornea, retina and macula region of the eyes. Thus preventing from various eye disorders like cataract, macular degeneration, blindness, dry eyes, eye ulcers, itching and puffiness.
- Vitamin K is a bone building vitamin and therefore prevents loss of bone density.
- Vitamin C and vitamin A protects the skin from UV light and free radicals which induces cancer. It supports production of collagen which keeps the skin healthy.
- It detoxifies the body, liver, gut and prevents one from leaky gut syndrome.
- Fiber present in spinach keeps the digestive tract healthy and promotes easy movement of bowel therefore, prevents constipation and diarrhea.
- It slows down aging process and reduces the risk of neurological disorders thus, promoting cognitive health and enhances the motor skills.
- Being a rich source of magnesium, it regulates other minerals, neuromuscular signals, prevents cramps and muscle pain. It’s deficiency can lead to diabetes, blood pressure, insomnia and headache.
- It strengthens the muscle, coenzyme Q10 and keeps the heart muscle healthy.
- Protein found in spinach boosts the metabolism, decreases cravings, heals the wound faster and also ensures that all organs are working optimally.
- It provides folate for the growth of foetus and vitamin A helps in the development of the lungs in the foetus.