Health Benefits of Kidney Beans
Kidney beans are known as “Rajma” in hindi. They have originated in America. It is widely used in India. It is rich in minerals like magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, calcium and have trace amounts of iron, copper, manganese and zinc. It is rich in vitamin C, B vitamins, amino acids, protein, fiber and has traces of saturated fats.
Why should you consume kidney beans?
- Insoluble fiber present in the kidney beans helps in regulating the bowel movements therefore, cures almost all the digestive related issues.
- Soluble fiber helps in the removal of the cholesterol from the body and folate helps in decreasing the homocysteine levels which reduces the chances of stroke or heart attack. Even magnesium helps in keeping the heart healthy.
- Zinc is found in trace amounts in kidney beans and plays a vital role in keeping the skin healthy. The folic acids helps in the formation of the new cells which decreases acne and clear the pores.
- Kidney beans can effectively treat fatigue that is weakness, tiredness and exhaustion due to its magnesium content. It helps in relaxing the nerves, blood vessels and muscles.
- Kidney beans also helps in lowering asthma.
- Kidney beans has anti-inflammatory properties which helps in lowering inflammation and thus treating rheumatoid arthritis. Copper enhances the elasticity between joints, ligaments and blood vessels.
- Vitamin C helps in increasing the immune system of the body, thus increasing our body’s resistance to infections and colds.
- Vitamin B is very essential for healthy functioning of the brain so, it prevents age related neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Calcium and manganese prevents osteoporosis. Vitamin K increases the density of the bones and prevents fractures.
- It has anti-aging properties which protects our skin from the free radicals.
- Vitamin c protects against eye disorders like cataract and blindness.
- It is also useful in treating eczema, cough, ulcers, urinary tract infections, diarrhea and hiccups.
- It is good for treating diabetes as it does not raise the blood sugar levels.