When It Comes To Skin Think Of Curry Leaves
Curry leaves is native to India and is grown in tropical and subtropical regions. It is used in cooking as it makes the food healthy, tasty and gives a pleasant aroma to the food. It is also used as medicine due to its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, anti-carcinogenic properties. People often use the roots of curry plant to cure body ache and its bark for snake bite relief. Curry leaves are enriched with carbohydrates, fiber, calcium, phosphorus, iron, magnesium, copper, vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin E, sterols, glycosides, amino acids and flavonoids. The alkaloids found in curry leaves have anti-oxidant property.
Why should you consume curry leaves?
- Presence of anti-oxidants, vitamin A, vitamin B, Vitamin C and vitamin E helps in fighting cancer as it reduces the oxidative stress and free radicals.
- Being anti-diabetic it helps to lower the blood sugar level and thus helps in treating diabetes.
- The alkaloids found in curry leaves have anti-diarrheal effect thus treats diarrhea and also prevents diarrhea.
- It has mild laxative property therefore helps in curing indigestion and other gastrointestinal issues.
- It has phenols and alkaloids which fights against cancer.
- It helps in lowering bad cholesterol that is LDL cholesterol, thus reduces risk of heart diseases.
- Due to presence of iron and folic acid, it prevents anemia effectively.
- It provides strength to hair roots and is effective in turning grey hair to black.
- Since it is rich in vitamin A, it is extremely good for one’s eyes.
- It helps in reducing the side effects of chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
- It reduces congestion present in chest and nose as it is packed with vitamins and a substance called kaempferol which is a potent anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and decongestant.
- Being antibacterial and antifungal in nature, it treats bacterial and fungal infections effectively.
- Alkaloids like tannins and carbazole act as protector of liver and thus prevents liver cirrhosis and hepatitis.
- Extremely good for skin as it treats all kinds of skin diseases like burns, acne, pimples, psoriasis, skin irritation and insect bites.