One Of The Most Powerful Fruit On Earth - Oranges
It is considered as one of the most powerful fruit on the earth and is also known as “golden apple”. It is extremely delicious and is enjoyed by everyone. Oranges are known for increasing the vitamin C content in our body. It has more than 170 different types of phytonutrients and more than 60 kinds of flavonoids.They have phytonutrients like citrus flavanones, anthocyanins, hydroxycinnamic acid and various polyphenols. Phytonutrients and vitamin C together imparts antioxidant property to oranges. Apart from these, oranges also have anti-tumor and blood clot inhibiting properties.
Why should you consume oranges?
- Hesperidin a flavanone found in oranges helps in reducing the blood pressure, cholesterol and also has anti-inflammatory effect.
- It prevents hardening of the arteries that is atherosclerosis.
- Limonoids are compound present in oranges helps in fighting against mouth, skin, lung, breast, stomach and colon cancer. Due to antioxidant property of vitamin C it fights against free radicals.
- Synephrine an alkaloid reduces the production of the cholesterol by the liver. Antioxidants prevents oxidation of the LDL cholesterol thus reducing the risk of various heart diseases.
- Although it tastes acidic, it has alkaline effect on our body therefore treats constipation.
- It keeps the sperms healthy. Vitamin C protects the sperm from genetic damage.
- Vitamin C fights against bacteria, toxins and other viruses and thus increases the immunity.
- Orange juice decreases the formation of calcium oxalate stones in the kidney.
- It prevents aging.
- Vitamin C reduces the occurrence of peptic ulcers and therefore reduces the risk of stomach cancer.
- Polyphenols present in oranges protects against viral infections.
- It reduces inflammation and thus treats arthritis.
- Vitamin A keeps the mucus membrane of the eyes healthy.
- Folate and vitamin B8 keeps the brain healthy. Polyphenols improves memory and learning capacity of an individual.
- It is good for diabetic people as it keeps a check on sugar level.
- Vitamin C produces collagen which prevents hair loss or baldness.