Health Benefits Of Jaggery
Jaggery aka gur is prepared from raw, boiled and concentrated sugar cane. It is also made from the sap of coconut and date palm. Being calorie free, it has lots of health benefits. It is enriched with minerals and vitamins and increases body’s immunity. It is a true natural sweetener.
Why should you consume jaggery?
- It acts as a detoxifier, detoxifies our blood and removes toxins from the liver, respiratory tract, food pipe, intestine, lungs and stomach.
- It has antioxidants and minerals like zinc and selenium which fights against oxidative stress and thus builds immunity.
- It prevents constipation due to presence of fiber.
- It reduces post menopausal symptoms, abdominal pain, cramps and mood swings.
- It provides unlimited energy since it is rich in carbohydrates. It is made up of complex carbohydrate therefore it is absorbed slowly by our body and provides energy for a long period of time. It provides warmth to internal organs.
- It is recommended after heavy meals because it aids in digestion. It activates the digestive enzymes and itself gets converted to acetic acid which increases the process of digestion.
- It helps fight common cold and cough.
- It prevents anemia as it increases the count of hemoglobin.
- It is essential for maintenance of intestinal health as it contains magnesium.
- Due to presence of sodium and potassium, it regulates blood pressure.
- It also relieves asthma.
- It is effective in curing arthritis and joint pains.